May 31, 2010

for the love of everything CBC '10

It was awesome.

I'm glad I didn't stick my original plan of hiding behind my bangs in the back of classes.  I had so much more fun meeting everyone.  And I didn't even pee my pants nor hyperventilate when I read at the community keynote.  (Although I did sweat profusely and probably changed facial colors a few times.)

And best of all, now I feel like I have real live friends.  Which brings my friend count up to like FIVE.  Wow.  I'm feeling really popular.

And I would say more but Husband keeps interrupting me.  About every two seconds.  Here, let me tell you about it:

scene: Husband in shower.  Me sitting on bed, trying to type a post on the laptop which rests happily on our ironing board ('cause we're all about fancy furniture here in the Bastow household.)

Husband: Melissa!!!!

Me: (ignore)

Husband: MELLLLLISSSA!!

Me: What?

Husband (still in shower): Can you get me a screw driver, a wrench and a plastic bag?

Me: Sure, and I want a hula hoop, a spotted pony and some purple M&Ms.

Husband: Seriously.

So I get the tools.

Husband: That's a wrench.

Me: Yes.

Husband: I asked for pliers.

Me: No, you asked for a wrench.

Husband: No, I want pliers, you know the thing with handles that pinches things and...

Me: I KNOW WHAT PLIERS ARE.

So I get pliers.  Then I sit back down to type.

Husband: MELISSSSSSA!!

Me:  Grrrrr, what?

Husband: I need a flat head screwdriver.

Silly me, I've never showered with tools before and therefore didn't know that a flat head is required.

And that's why I can't type any more about CBC right now.  Except, just know that it was seriously awesome.

9 comments:

annie valentine said...

It was awesome, and I loved every second of it. Oh, and I want a preview of your postcard on my desk ASAP.

Monica said...

It was awesome, totally awesome. Your keynote was ab-so-fricking-lutely hilarious! And you had the best hair in the whole place. Fun to meet you.

Loralee and the gang... said...

well, there's always next year?

LisAway said...

Okay, I need a little more to the tools in the shower story. I'm just assuming the water wasn't running while he made his request?

I'm so glad you had a good time and came out of your shell! And congrats on not embarrassing yourself. Not that I thought you would, but YOU thought you might. And I'm glad you didn't. (and I wish I could have heard you. And met you!)

Barbaloot said...

So glad you went and had fun!! I'm with Lisa as well---what's with tools in the shower?

Melissa Bastow said...

Apparently he was trying to get the hair out of the drain - which I guess requires a flat head screwdriver and some pliers? I wouldn't really know. I make him do all things hair/clog related...even though it's my hair.

Wonder Woman said...

So, so, so, so flippin' glad I got to actually meet you.

I *WISH* my husband would ask for tools. In the shower or at any other time. He's not exactly what I'd call a handyman.

Melanie J said...

I want a spotted pony, too. I refuse to outgrow this demand.

Motherboard said...

Your community keynote had me in STITCHES!