Jul 22, 2011

probably the only time I'll write about pop culture

I don't pay much attention to pop-culture-y type things.  I'm usually too busy worrying about ghosts or m&m's or how long it takes for an avocado to go bad.  But sometimes I pay a teensy bit of attention to, you know, the rest of the world.

Especially the important things.



Like, why is Shiloh Jolie-Pitt always dressed like a boy?

Or, have the aliens come for Tom Cruise yet?

But what's really been troubling me lately is Prince William's bald spot.

I didn't watch the royal wedding, or really paid much attention to anything with the royal family.  But there are pictures ALL OVER the place about it, so finally I relented and looked at a bunch.

Remember when Prince William was a teenager and the entire population of teenage girls across the world thought he was divinely attractive?


Remember that?

Well, I just want to know one thing - WHAT HAPPENED?!

Now he's just a half-bald, big toothed, goob.


And, I ask you, if one of the most well-known royals of the world can't find a hair replacement treatment that works, what chance does the rest of the world have?

Moving on to another head related crisis, there was one prominent theme I noticed while looking at all of those royal wedding pictures and I am seriously concerned with European debutantes' choice in head wear. 

I'm actually a fan of the hat.  Even on the side of gaudy, I have no qualms with hats.  But there is a point -that has been deeply surpassed- in which a hat should NEVER EVER go.


OR


OR


And don't you think that this would be just a tad awkward:


Apparently there is more truth to the phrase "mad as a hatter" than I always thought.  

And this concludes the one time that I actually write about pop-culture.  Possibly I'll touch on the subject again once the aliens really do come and take Tom Cruise away.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

See, you do follow pop culture!

Lani Wendt Young said...

Laughing at the stupid hats. And yes i do remember admiring the Prince from a distance..so handsome, so full of promise! (sigh) I NEVER follow pop culture either. EVER. However can i make one teensie teensie comment on the Royal Wedding? How p**** off would I be if i were the bride and all the world could talk about was my little sister's hot butt in her bridesmaids dress?! What the heck is that? did u know theres even a FB fan page devoted to the womans ass? Just goes to show you that men are .... reeeeallly (stupid)into Pop Culture.

hatesocks said...

I think it is some kind of weird tradition to wear strange hats for British weddings. the more important the wedding the more insane the "hat." I forget where I read that. There is even a name for it, but darned if I can remember what that is called either. So much fun to see! LOL

Emmy said...

Yes those hats were awful! And I saw the best post once that showed pictures of William and his bride on the wedding day compared to Cinderella when she got married-looks the same-- and the two step-sisters-wearing the same colors as the step sisters in the Disney movie!! Hilarious!!

elesa said...

I haven't opened Google reader in over a month. But I just happened to today and yours is one of the top of the list and here I am 30 minutes later still reading your stuff. Thanks for making me laugh. And I can not stop giggling about Prince William. Now every time I see a picture of him I will think of him as a big toothed goob. I can't even write that without laughing.