May 29, 2009

conversation with a monkey

Buckling two year old Monkey into his carseat today:

Monkey (hand flapping = monkeyspeak for hot): "HOT!"
Me: "Yeah"
Monkey (flap): "HOT!"
Me: "A little bit"
Monkey (flap flap): "HOT! HOT!!"
Me: "I know."
Monkey (flap): "HOT!!"
Me: "Yes, HOT. I get it."
Monkey (doing baby asl for milk): "Bottle?"
Me: "No, you don't need a bottle."
Monkey (milk): "BOTTLE?"
Me: "Nope."
Monkey: "BOTTLE?!!!!"
Me: "No."
Monkey (flaying arms - which is no sign language of any kind): "BOTTLE!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!"

And then I shut the door.

What? You thought there would be a punch line?

Nope.

Motherhood is enrapturing.

3 comments:

Emmy said...

Yep that sounds just like my life. :)

Barbaloot said...

Flaying arms should be something in sign language. It'd be real helpful. And entertaining.

Jaron and Michelle said...

That was one of my favorite posts! That little Monkey is so funny! Ha ha yeah right is what you are thinking.